Gray and the city....

24 Comments

I spent the afternoon at the West Village, New York (Meatpacking District) the other day, so I took the opportunity to get some pictures for the blog.….and as soon as I put my hat on, I felt very New Yorkish.  At first, I was feeling a little bit shy having my pictures taken in the middle of the street, but my hat and dark sunglasses helped me a lot.  Honestly, people in New York don’t care of what you are doing - I mean, seriously you can put a bag on your head without being judged or feeling different (that’s what I mostly love about NY).  Girls, I am really shy… I don’t really like the idea of people staring at me, because I don’t look like a “model type” or they just don't get the idea of this " personal style blog thing". But what I have found out after over a year of blogging and building my confidence, is that if I feel comfortable about myself or with what I’m wearing, I don’t feel too shy and every thing just flows.  

Do you feel shy when you are having your pictures taken? How do you deal with it?

Español

Me pasé la tarde en downtown Nueva York el otro día, así que tuve la oportunidad de tomar algunas fotos para el blog.... y en cuanto me puse el sombrero, me sentí muy Newyorkina.  Al principio, estaba un poco tímida tomando las fotografías  en medio de la calle, pero mi sombrero y gafas de sol oscuras me ayudaron mucho. Honestamente, la gente en Nueva York no se preocupa de lo que uno está haciendo - en serio me puedo poner una bolsa en la cabeza sin ser juzgada o sentirme diferente (que es lo que me encanta de Nueva York).  Así que no estaba realmente timida después de algunos minutos ☺ Chicas, yo soy muy timida... realmente no me gusta la idea de que la gente  me mire al tomarme las fotos porque no luzco como el "tipo de modelo" o porque algunos no entienden idea de lo que se trata un blog de estilo personal.  Lo que he descubierto después de más de un año blogueando y después de construir la confianza, es que cuando me siento a gusto conmigo misma o con lo que llevo puesto, no me siento demasiado tímida y esto simplemente fluye. Espero que les guste el outfit! XO






Outfit Details |   

Denim Shirt ::  Calvin Klein (old) [Similar: here]
Boots :: Sam Edelman (old) [Similar: here & here]
Coat :: Topshop (old) [Similar: here & here]
Necklace :: F21 (old) [Similar: here]
Sunglasses :: Ray-Ban Aviators
Faux Leather Pants :: H&M
Handbag :: Michael Kors
Hat :: H&M


| Shop the Look |
Check out my weekly blog link up here

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment, I appreciate the love! 


XO,


post signature


You may also like

24 comments:

  1. This outfit is just badass, you look stunning!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful and confident!! Love your outfit and pictures!!
    Xoxo,

    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really adore the leggings in this hook up, and those heels wow they really pop with them!!! Gotta scoop myself a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit, textures and colors. I am glad you have your confidence for these photos :).
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these leather leggings! Such a fab outfit!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't alone! I always feel super awkward when people watch me take photos too :) You are looking uber chic!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I feel awkward but it mostly is concentrated in the situations when people stop me to warn me about doctors stealing their organs and selling them on the black markets and share that I should never trust doctors...so when I can avoid those gems, I usually feel okay :)

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful ! I always love a nice black and grey combination !

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous and chic! I know what your are talking about being shy while taking pictures. I'm super shy when I'm talking pictures at the streets!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning and very model like in these photos! My photographer (the hubby) and I are both not ready for taking photos in public. I think he is more uncomfortable than I am.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the street style pictures!! you look so fashionable from head to toe!! :D

    Have a Great Day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. always looking so chic and gorgeous!

    <3 rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stylish!!

    I am following you on Bloglovin, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is so fierce! Love it!

    http://www.lifeofbrookeandjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Tati! I love all the different shades of gray in you look and in the pictures background. You look amazing as always and I love EVERYTHING you are wearing. Yes, I am very shy but like you, blogging has helped me be more careless about what others may think of me, especially when I am getting pictures taken. It is still a work in progress but definitively getting better. I am sure one day, not too far from now, I will see pictures of you taken in the middle of a very hectic fashion week:-) Have a wonderful afternoon! Blessings, Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! Thank you so much for the beautiful words, Jeanette. I really appreciate your kind comments. Have a blessed week my beautiful friend!

      Delete
  16. You look amazing. So edgy and funky. Those leggings are fabulous and your hat really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is so killer!! I love the look of the grey with the faux-leather pants!! I almost bought a pair last week and am not regretting my decision! I agree that New York is such a crazy place that people tend to not notice when you're taking pictures or posing in the middle of the street, haha! You look great! I also am a shy person when I'm doing things for my blog. I don't know why, because it's my hobby and I love doing it. I'm working on it.. !!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, in new york, if you are wearing a hat, no one gives you a second look. Love all the grey, the monochrome look is working well!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a chic look! I'm loving the bold lip on you, it's my favorite accessory!!

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete